Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by TWR
I may need to build another precision upper one day and if I do, I’ll probably use a Shilen barrel. My cousin has a few of these and they’ve all shot well.

Right now he’s using McGowan and he’s been pleased with all but one of those. I put together an upper for a friend of mine with one and it’s very accurate. I think that’s 4 or 5 McGowan barrels that all shot well except one and it had a chamber problem I think.

Lots of decent barrels out there but I don’t hear too much about these two on here.

I've been surfing the web and there's a lot of people out there that love McGowen. They agree with you in that they are extremely accurate. As are Lothar Walther and Krieger. The problem with these is availability right now. I keep shaking my head here, as it seems like everything is on back order, and I mean everything!! I'd be all in for trying a fancy barrel, but don't really feel like waiting 12-16 weeks either. The only Shilen I've had was the WOA and it was alright for accuracy, but not my best shooter... Thanks for your feedback.

I have one barrel with a different name on it built of a McGowen blank. It's a good shooter.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell