Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
The vast majority of the above mentioned AR barrels are not made by the mentioned names.

No idea what Ballistic Advantage (owned by Aero Precision) does.

This is from BA's website:

"We believe it is our responsibility to honor the blank’s full potential during the entire manufacturing process, thus producing one of the best finished barrels available in the industry".

So that sounds like they finish blanks, but this is from a recent interview with the rounder and now minority owner:

https://www.tacretailer.com/business/interview-ballistic-advantage

Archer - What is next for Ballistic Advantage?

Wainio – Well, a lot of plans were a bit derailed this year with COVID for the move to our new facilities. We have really attempted to aggressively build our capabilities, blanking, profiling, finishing, improved processes, but some of that expansion has to wait.

We have been in multiple facilities over the years, and we were really looking forward to getting under one roof.

Thats good info. Sounds like they have a pretty good game plan to get all their production under one roof. This covid schidt has everything screwed up. A friend and I were talking yesterday about things being hard to find. Funny thing he brought up was ammo boxes. The green MTM type boxes I use as well. He said he went to 3 different stores looking for a certain one. I went through the same chidt a few months ago and got pretty perturbed, not finding the boxes for 223 rem ammo (100 round boxes, seen below):
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I then went on ebay and they wanted $12.00+ for the sum biotches. Those are only $3.99 at the store, when they have them. Then a month later when my local bi-mart had some, I bought all they had. Which was 4 or 5. Anyway, I told my buddy that I think all the people staying home because of covid, must be buying chidt and selling it on ebay for ridiculous amounts of money. A lot of companies are also using covid as an excuse for poor production rates. You look at most websites and everything is on backorder or unavailable. I do more business with companies that have things in stock. Recently bought a 6x45 barrel and it shoots well enough, but was from a company that is not well known. They had the exact barrel I wanted in stock. 20" stainless medium weight (not truck axle heavy) non threaded barrel. Also the reason I bought from Windham Weaponry again. Those guys have treated me real well and their barrels are very good. Well, heading out to get my new BCM upper and lower set. I'll start working on that today. Maybe even throw one of my other barrels on it until my new WW VEX barrel comes in.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA