Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Say a guy was looking for a dead nuts reliable, .45 in this platform.

I'm looking for input from you guys. I had a double stack Para a number of years ago, should never have sold it. Borrowed the same model Para, and a Kimber single stack (both in .40) from a friend and my GOD that Kimber just hit every damn thing I pointed it at and ran like a typewriter. Other than owning that one Para, I've only ever shot a half dozen or so over the years.

Not looking for a competition type gun, or a bottom rung budget either. Decent sights (or ability to drift in new) and reliability is what I'm looking for. Not looking to pro/con the argument as to what is good and bad about the platform in general. I don't care to rehash the old bullchit.

Brand/model recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

My Springfield Armory Range Officer hasn't skipped a beat since I got it. Surplus ball to 185JHP loaded up warm, to light 200 SWC handloads. The only thing I'd add is white dots on the rear sight, but picked up some Crimson Trace grips so low light conditions are handled. My buddy got a milspec stainless SA & it works as well, but with non adjustable rear sight.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy