Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I have 7 1911’s, I know many have way more and way better than mine. But I’ll tell you what I know.
Two Colt goldcups, one a trophy and one a series 70. Both rattle and both shoot better then I can. Feed everything/eject everything.
Colt XSE Commander LT. Tight and a good shooter. No complaints.
Colt Gov. Model S.S. Rattler, been shot a bunch. No feed problems ore ejection. Accuracy = if I hit you your probably not getting up. Though I did my own trigger job on it and it’s much better.
Ruger Commander LT. With thin grips. Tight, great shooter.
Kimber Pro HD. Tight gun, ejection problems and feeding problems. Try everything decided to take it to a gunsmith.
It has a loose ejector and a out of adjustment extractor. I bought it used though and the extractor had been filed on. But I don’t think it had been fired much. 8rnd mags are stiff.
Kimber TLE Ultra. Tight, good carry gun. Accuracy is nothing to brag about but it’ll get the job done. No feeding problems or ejection problems.
Now I had an 8th 1911 that I sold when I bought the light weight. A Ruger commander steel frame. The thing jammed with everything, All kinds of failed to feeds.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You ever have trouble with the sights on your Gold Cups? I had a Gold Cup, lost the front sight during a match. At some point in a string of fire it hit eject and disappeared over my shoulder. At another match the hollow roll pin in the rear sight broke. That lets the leg of the sight jack up in the air at about a 30* angle. Aggravating son of a gun.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.