I've owned two Kimber 1911's over the years. One was an early 5" steel frame Custom that was an excellent pistol. Ran reliable , accurate, ect. wish I had that one back. The second was the Tactical Pro II, a 4" alloy frame model with the external extractor. On paper and at the gun shop it seemed great, lots of bells and whistles. On the initial range visit it was obvious it shot low, like 24" low! I figured out it had the wrong front sight. Kimber has 3", 4" and 5" guns and they all have different front sights. I swapped out the front sight for the correct height and solved that problem. At just under 900 rounds the MIM magazine catch broke, dumped the magazine and literally crumbled into pieces and metallic dust in my hand while firing the gun. I installed a new heat treated tool steel Ed Brown mag catch. Then that mouse trap external extractor design started acting up. What a cluster [bleep] of plastic parts and itty bitty springs that was. IIRC Kimber had three different extractor hooks and a couple different springs for that ridiculous design. I think Kimber went back to the traditional internal design soon after I got rid of the Tactical Pro.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.