I have two right now, sold a couple that I didn't shoot much. One was a Metro arms that ran flawlessly, the other was a Para LDA.

Sold the Para 'cause I just didn't like the trigger, nothing wrong with it, I just found it "different" enough that I didn't like it. The Para hi-cap mags were unreliable, too. the 10-rounders ran good but the 14s didn't.

Sold the Metro to a young man that wanted a 1911 and didn't have gobs of money to spend. It was a damn good and reliable basic pistol.

I now have a Ruger and a Kimber Custom II, both have been reliable as a .45 ACP, the only malfunction I've had were when the follower broke in a Ruger mag.

The Ruger has been converted to .45 Super and handles .45 ACP just fine as long as it's not a flea-fart load. I have a 460 Rowland kit I fitted to my Kimber, and it is also very reliable. It takes less than 5 minutes to convert back to .45 ACP. Both pistols had aftermarket extractors, firing pins, and adjustable sights added and the Ruger barrel was honed to allow some bullet profiles to feed better and be seated out further.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

After conversions to .45 Super, .460 Roland.

After all that talking, I'll say that it's real hard not to say that the Ruger is the one I call my favorite.