Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
You ever have trouble with the sights on your Gold Cups? I had a Gold Cup, lost the front sight during a match. At some point in a string of fire it hit eject and disappeared over my shoulder. At another match the hollow roll pin in the rear sight broke. That lets the leg of the sight jack up in the air at about a 30* angle. Aggravating son of a gun.

Just saw your post, never had any problems with the sights flying off. But the front sight on the stainless gov. is getting loose.
[/quote]

I had the same thing happen to my Gold Cup. Add the fact that my Lwt. Commander outshot it shamelessly, and it was the only lemon Colt I've ever owned. I like Colt, but they are about 30 years behind everyone else's 1911s. Maybe CZ can catch them up, we can only hope. The change to dovetailed front sights is a step in the right direction, and the Elliason sights were always more fragile than a good, low-mounted Bomar. Period, end of story.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.