Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JCS271
I have only owned two 1911's that were NO FAIL. Springfield Armory Ronin and a Sig Scorpion.

I'll never buy another Kimber!

Same. I've owned two Kimber 1911s. Never again.

Interesting that you will not give specifics on the Kimbers, but you praise Springfield Armory even though they were willing to sell out gun dealers in Illinois back in 2017 after carving out an exemption for themselves and Rock Island. Plus I am sure that no SA 1911 has ever had a problem, never had to go back to the factory, even though there are thousands of hits for FF, jams, fail to lock back etc.
Now as far as Colt, I know for a fact that absolutely no 1911 they ever built needed work, all came fro the factory perfect, 100% reliable. Except for jams, FF, fail to extract properly etc. I mean absolutely no one has ever had to tune an extractor on a Colt, or the trigger. Also know for a fact that that collet barrel bushing they went to in the 70’s has never ever broken or needed tuned. Quite far fetched as quite a few gunsmiths made a pretty good living tuning and upgrading those perfect Colts.

So how about some specifics.

Swifty