Originally Posted by JGray
Don't see much mention of S&W but I'm pretty satisfied with a couple of them - an adjustable sight target model and a scandium frame Commander.

Yes, I was wondering about the lack of mentions of the S&W's as well. I've got a fullsize S&W and a pair of Commander-size pistols, all in the light Scandium frame. They are all accurate and reliable. I don't use the S&W mags, though... I run either Wilson or CMC mags in all my 1911's.

I acquired the full size S&W at an informal pistol match (bowling pins)... the owner had repeated failures to feed on the firing line. He was shooting good ball ammo, and I know he's a good pistol shooter, but it kept choking on him. I offered him a straight across for Glock 30, as I know he's a Glockophile, and I had a pair of them on hand to trade/sell... he jumped at the deal. I took his pistol apart, gave it a wee clean, and then took it back up to the firing line with some Wilson's magazines and a couple boxes of hardball. It functioned just fine.

Magazines are the key to function in any autopistol, but for some reason a lot of manufacturers skimp on their mags and the result is pistols that choke.

Last edited by DocRocket; 09/19/21.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars