Originally Posted by hanco
No place but Texas for bbq. We use mesquite wood, cook on pits made of steel. We don’t use grills or pellet smokers. Built this one last summer

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Springfield, MO has City Butcher, and I’ll put there bbq against antibodies. But, they’re from Texas...

$18/lb for burnt ends. They’re worth at least $20. Salt. Pepper. Smoke.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Everybody around here raves about KC bbq, I’ve decided I’m not a fan. Over sauced meat. Hurts because it’s my “local” style.

Originally Posted by MARCEL
Hope to get to Snows before she kicks the basting bucket. Met her at a BBQ festival back in 2015. Nice old gal. Her bbq is legendary.

Wife’s family is local to Snow’s, 20 miles away, but they haven’t been in 20 years. Don’t want to wait the 3 hours in line to get it.

Originally Posted by TheKid
Used to eat at the Hard 8 in Stephenville back when baby sister was playing ball at Tarleton. Free beans and beer but they made up for it on the meat. It was good though.

I’ve worked in Stephenville over the years, once was 30 days straight, Hard 8 was on our regular “circuit”. Only place I’ve been asked if I wanted my 1/2 smoked chicken ‘dunked’. Huh? Oh, you mean dunk the whole damn thing in a 5 gallon stainless bucket full of melted butter. Of course I want it dunked.