Scrounged components for my bud's May buff hunt. I sighted his .416 Rem (push feed M-70 with Shilen barrel). He is a big NPT fan, his PH likes SAF's and insisted on solids. Evidently this PH hasn't gotten into TSX's. Another bud who killed a nice 41" Zim buff, said his PH preferred and recommended the Barnes TSX. I'm thinking this is a regional thing, as I've heard reports of other Zim PH's preferring the TSX. Seems a lot of PH's aren't gun nuts. Accomplished hunters aren't always Loony types and vice versa.

So, using Swift data from Bill Hober, I loaded (20) 400 gr. NPT's and (20) 400 gr. SAF's, both over 75 gr 4064 and (10) 400 gr. Swift BreakAway solids over 77gr 4064. That 50 round box with a 50 rnd box of 7RM 160 gr. NAB's over 67 gr. RL-26, in the locked carry case, came to within a few ounces of the 11# limit. So, I felt good about that.

I shot the .416 on a standing bench and was impressed how accurate that rifle is. It easily beats MOA with the NPT, almost as good with the SAF. The solids aren't as accurate, maybe 1 1/2 MOA, but all sharing the same POI.

Here's the old Dirtfarmer shooting the .416 at bud's camp. You'll notice some recoil. Not too bad for a tough ole fart with a post op right shoulder. To hear the big gun speak, hit the un-mute button then play.

DF

[img]https://i.imgur.com/H0EkQ2c.mp4[/img]