Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano
I guess y’all ain’t eyetalian and didn’t watch The Sopranos.......it’s Frank.

Yeah Jorge that’s exactly why Butch wanted to use the 300 Win on the lion. Again when I showed up for that hunt he was more than happy with the TSX but has since made an about face specifically with the larger (slower) caliber bullets.

Charlie you may remember I ordered this rifle for some upcoming elk hunts back in 2004. I knew what I was talking about because I was on the internet. I insisted on a Krieger CM barrel and wanted it 26”. After a pregnant pause you said “yeah, I can do that. But you know I’ve had some good luck with 24” Lilja barrels, but I’ll do what you want....” at the time I thought Huh......so glad I listened to you!!! I worked up a load with “the new” 180 gr TSX and that rifle has shot one ragged hole ever since.

I’ve got a bunch of sweet custom rifles & had an obsession with Pre War Mod 70s but that Classic you built Charlie is my favorite- that rifle just flat out shoots! Elk x2 second one was 370” so I stopped hunting elk, 380+ super gold stag (shot 5 stags and a chamois that day), black fallow, back to back tahr and an aramapalu ram in the South Island, mule deers in ol’ Mexico, Nilgai, 5 zebra, impala, gemsbok, blesbok, sable, red lechwe, wart hogs, leopard, lion, all 4 Spanish Ibex, many deers......and yes for its birthday I had it repainted in ‘17.

Thanks Charlie for building the best damn rifle I own. At the time I had D’arcy’s order form on my desk but I decided I wanted to go with a fellow Texan.

Cold barrel POI group done over the course of a day. Could have been done over the course of 17 years.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

That is a reassuring sorta rifle right there.

Semper Fi