Originally Posted by Boise
Originally Posted by Benbo
Heading to Africa for buffalo. I’m planning on using my m70 CRF 375 RUM with 300gr fail safes. I’m looking hard for a left hand 375 for my dad.... can’t find a CZ so may have to get a Ruger in 375 Ruger. I will probably load his ammo too but if it shoots the factory ammo I may just use it. Is the new bonded 300 DGX bullet worthy? I’ve read a lot of negative reports on that bullet but I think they are all from before they bonded that bullet. Any info appreciated!

Any one with a left hand CZ 375 I’m looking. THX

Call and ask your guide which bullet(s) he recommends. He knows your hunt FAR better than anyone e;se. Also ask him what he shoots. After the call you're know more than anyone else here.

In my experience that is typically not the case. I have done eight dangerous game safaris in Tanzania, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Republic of Congo. Everyone of the PH's I used were remarkable hunters and trackers. They are not gun nuts. If there is a common theme it is they all dislike Partitions and they would prefer a well placed shot with DXS than a gut shot with the latest wizz bang bullet.

Shot placement trumps everything, the ability to get a shot off quickly and accurately from offhand, sticks, or a against a tree is hugely important. I always hunted with premium bullets North Fork and Cutting Edge are two of my favorite. They are just cheap insurance for the best result of your shot placement.

Last edited by Mike70560; 04/28/21.