Yeah, I tend to use lead-cores in my doubles and the rifle barrels of my drillings!

One of the more interesting things I recall happening with Nosler Partitions happened when they changed from making them on lathes to impact-extrusion in the mid-1970s. They offered lathe-turned .375s, but their first impact machines wouldn't handle any bullets bigger than .338 or so. The safari industry wasn't as big then, so they dropped the .375s--and the price for the lathe-turned .375s went up to several bucks apiece on the "open market"! Back then they were among the very few controlled-expansion .375 bullets available.

Which is why Lee Reid started making A-Frames. They were the primary .375 controlled-expansion bullets for a number of years--along with .416s, .458s, etc., and pretty much took over the market.

Of course, the safari industry really started growing around that time, and a bunch of companies make controlled-expansion bullets in .375+ caliber bullets. But Swift really got it started.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck