Originally Posted by kaywoodie
This man;

https://murderpedia.org/male.D/d/devoe-paul.htm

Murdered an old hunting pard I had known since he was about 12. A single round from a POS Italian .380 auto. Mike was a big kid, former army, and an experienced bouncer. He was moonlighting at the bar in Marble. Only reason he tried to disarm the assailant was (a) the auto jammed when the assailant tried to chamber a round and (b) assailant was attempting to execute a former girlfriend in the establishment. He already had auto to her head and under restraint when he discovered the chamber was empty.

Anyway he cleared the auto and put a single round in Michael’s chest in the melee.

Assailant went from there to another ex-girlfriends house and executed her, her then boyfriend, her teenage daughter, and a friend of the daughter who was there for a sleepover.

A bad scene all the way around.

Bob, your story reminded me of two of my friends who got into a fight with a couple of Mexicans in a bar parking lot back in 1981 when we were all attending Jr College. One Mexican pulled a Raven 25 and shot them both in the chest at point blank range. One survived and one died in the ambulance enroute to the hospital.

My point being that both tragic deaths of our friends prove a small pocket gun can and will kill you with proper shot placement. Another words if the bad guy gets off a lucky shot.

I’ve carried a Ruger LCP 380 loaded with Speer Gold Dots in my left front pocket as a BUG for years. But I’ve always got either a 1911 in 45 acp or my Glock 32 in 357 Sig caliber on my hip as a primary weapon.
And since I got my Sig P365 9mm, in the summertime, if I’m wearing my Carhartt work shorts, I’ve found it easily fits in my front pocket with a Uncle Mike’s pocket holster.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~