Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Have carried 2.5 and2" revolvers in the frt jeans pocket for years but the jeans got to be on the baggy side. These days a Ruger EC-9 $250 and pure reliable performance. The LC-9 is the same with dovetail sights and windage adjustable and $400+. But at 7-12 yards it doesn't matter.My EC-9 is very close windage wise and functions well with 115 -147 grain loads.. I picked up some cheap chartreuse fingernail polish at wallyworld and painted the frt and rear sights they are easy to pick up now. The 9mm luger is the only way to go for an ordinary citizen just for ammo availibility and price. Mb

I have an early LC-9, the one with the long heavy trigger pull. Mine came with a Laser that sits just in front of the trigger guard. I've never used it much but I'm not sure why. It shoots good and has been completely reliable.

I had it on me once when I thought I might need it and was confident with it. Four guys from the south side of Chicago cornered my wife and I at a hotel in Montana and started giving us a hard time. Then they said they were just joking and thought it was funny how local people were afraid of them because of their race.

I told them that it wasn't necessarily about race, people aren't used to 4 guys dressed like gangsters cornering them and giving them a hard time. I then told them that they might want to find a safer way to have fun because many people in the area are armed. They asked if I was and I didn't answer so they looked me over and said they didn't see one printing.

Turns out there was a whole bus load of them at the hotel and they were traveling around selling books door to door. They were pretty friendly after they discovered I wasn't intimidated. They never knew I had the ruger on me.

Bb