Posh is subjective. Expensive? Had a sales meeting in Miami. 8 of us had dinner at some place on South Beach. An even 4 grand with tip. Had some 100 yr old Louis XIII at $150 a pop. Cocktails, apps, main, dessert, after dinner drinks, the works. Sort of pushed it to excess because the Boss said sky's the limit. Can't even remember what I ate. Sad.

One of the restaurants in the Fairmont Hotel in Banff Springs had a 7 course dinner that had a different wine with each course - that was around $500 for the wife and I. Nice, but not very memorable. Probably because I was pretty well geezed.

Had some good meals in NYC at Tavern on the Green, 21 Club, Rainbow Room, Le Cirque and others less known. The best was a small joint in Little Italy. I would crawl over broken glass to go there again. Lots of Wiseguys because I'm assuming they "know" where the best food is. Chicago has some nice places too. Ate Sunday brunch at Antoine's in NOLA. Flambé tableside, turtle soup, crepes, good stuff. Pricey though. Good food there - Emeril's and Commander's Palace should be on everyone's list.

Don't do much of this anymore except for special occasions with the missus. I prefer to find out of the way dives that have great tasting food. Ask the locals, better yet, ask a cop - they usually know. The key is to get the same recommendation from two different people.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin