The Fior D'Italia in San Francisco. I took my prom date there. Full dinner for two, $250.00 plus tip. That was back in 1957. I wonder if that place is still in business. Prom dates were usually taken to Bimbo's 365 Club. Prices were a little more reasonable. Food was good in both places. My favorite place to take a date back the was a little hole in the wall Italian place called Pete's. It was kind of like the place where Micheal Corleone whacked two guys, then split for parts unknown. It had small booths with candle light and curtains for privacy. A really neat place to take a date and the food was outstanding with very reasonable prices. I left San Francisco in 1968 never to return. I wonder if those places even exist anymore?
I liked the Golden OX in KC but the last time I was there I heard it had closed down. That's a shame as they served one hell of a fine steak. These days if I want a decent steak at a reasonable price I go to Cattle Town here in Tucson. Nice place to take a date should I get lucky.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE