Originally Posted by ironbender
I’ve been disappointed by the push dinning places I’ve been to, as well as the posh dining joints as well. 😂
......For steak, I’ve had better in folding chairs over an open fire in camp.

ironbender;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope the day was a good one for you and your fine family.

It's interesting to read what you and our fellow 'Fire compatriots have experienced in terms of memorable meals.

As far as high end eating, I recall dimly eating at what had to be one of the if not the most expensive place in Nairobi very early in January 1976. It had marble floors and several wait staff for each table - that I recall.

I was nervous about the flight home and a few other things, so being wired that way for much of my life, I ended up tossing supper into the immaculately clean toilet there before leaving.

It's ironic too that when we spent a couple days in San Antonio a couple springs back, one evening on the River Walk we spent somewhere around $250 for 4 of us - two vegetarians too so no big steak dinners all around. The next night we found a place across the river where we all ate what everyone said was a much better meal for less than $40. Funny how that goes sometimes, isn't it?

By far and away the best steak I've had was from an 18 month old steer that I'd personally branded for my rancher buddy. He had a way of finishing with not much grain somehow and between that and the folks who cut and aged it - well it was memorable ironbender - let's just say after a lifetime of being a diverse carnivore those steaks stand out. grin

All the very best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"