Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by kwg020
I went back to the range today. I put 12 rounds through the new barrel. The first one was a flyer which I kind of expected since I had just cleaned the barrel. The next 11 were just over 1 inch at 50 yards.

I took the rifle home and checked it out with the bore scope. The copper is back. I did the Brasso thing and some more Patch-Out. In fact it's setting in the work shop with the Patch-Out still setting in the barrel. I'll give it an hour and go back. I was shooting some 55 grain hollow points and this time it was with 23.2 grains of RL10x. The upper functioned perfectly and the brass was deposited at 4:00 in one pile. If I can get the copper thing figured out I think it will be a shooter.

kwg

At 100yds group will be even bigger... I mentioned in the past if one is going to buy a barrel get a green mtn barrel. I bought one 2yrs ago at the time they said they were lapped barrels. No longer say that. But for $198 you can’t go wrong.. I recently bought a Ballistic advantage barrel for my daughters AR. I must hit the jackpot with this barrel. It will hold the 10ring at 600yds with 77gr Sierra OTM’s.

Which Ballistic Advantage barrel did you buy ?? I have 2 of them and they are good shooters. The nitride barrel is a 14.5 inch barrel and shoots well for what it is. But I bought one of the stainless barrels with the Wylde chamber. I'm getting good accuracy but it's very similar to the barrel I just bought from Midway. 1" to 1.5" at 50 yards. It only has about 50 or 60 bullets down the tube so it's a bit early to decide just how accurate it will be. I was hoping to see holes stacked on top of each other.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.