Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by kwg020
Sportman's has some 68 grain Hornady BTHP's I thought would be a good choice. Suggest a good load using Winchester 748. It's the only powder I have a lot of.

kwg

Get the 69 smk and save yourself the trouble..

OK.

kwg

John is kind of hard on that bullet, along with the noslers. I actually had pretty good luck with them, but can't find them around here. So, I stick with the 69 and 77SMK's. If the Hornadys are less than $24.00/box, id buy them. When I get home ill post up some targets with load data.

Since I'm going to dial this in for 100 yards and no further at this time I'm looking for a flat based bullet. I get it that John shoots much further than 100 yards and a flat based bullet just won't cut it for the distances he shoots. I have the Hornady book and it does have a listing for the 68 with Winchester 748.

I went to the range today and was able to get on the 100 yard range. I shot some 55 grain Hornady soft points into 2 inches with that Midway 18" barrel. I want to try the Hornady 68's but it's going to be some time next week. We are going camping this week coming up and there is no range where we are going. It's going to be a long hot week.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.