Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I don't think anything less than 100 yards is any indication.

Ive shot enough to know that any accurate centerfire rifle will put all the bullets through the same hole at 50 yards. Im sure 79s has seen the same, thus the reason he said he'd toss the barrel in the trash can. Unless i'm reading your post wrong?

Lawrence I picked up a cheapo 18inch ballistic advantage barrel couple months back. To replace a 1-9 twist on my daughters AR. Anyhow that damn thing shoots 77gr Sierra’s very well just over an MOA good enough to hold the 10ring at 600yds. Let a buddy use it for a 600yd match and he was trying to get my daughter to sell it to him lol. I also seen barrels I owned that left me frustrated, funny one I had a 16 inch 5.56 barrel I tried and tried to get it to shoot 77 Sierra’s. This was a psa barrel. I burnt up a lot Bullets and primers. I pulled it off gave it to a my buddy. Well he used it for a build and brought it to the range. He was shooting 55gr fmj factory ammo and that damn thing was shooting great groups lol.

Ha ha yeah, ive seen that. My buddies national match bushmaster A2 (1in 9) shoots the green tip ammo just as well as 69gr match grade stuff. You never know what a barrel is going to do until you run an assortment of stuff through it. I like it when my barrels like the 77s. Most all of them love the 69 SMK. The 77's are much better out past 400 yards though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA