Originally Posted by 79S
Lawrence, Are these fast fire relays 10 shots all done from one mag? And shot off the bench? Anyhow NRA rapid fire is not as easy as one thinks. It’s done from position one is sitting rapid fire 60 seconds on appropriate target. The other is prone rapid fire and you get 70 seconds for that one.
For sitting rapid fire you use - NRA No. SR-1 Reduction of the SR Target for use at 100 yards to simulate the 200-yard stages of the National Match Course. Rapid Fire—when the sitting or kneeling position is to be used, the time limits for 10 shots will be 60 seconds.
For prone rapid fire you use SR21 targets and have 70 seconds to complete course of fire.
10.1.7 Rapid Fire Loading Procedure— For rapid fire stages. All shooters must start in the shooting position for the appropriate stage of fire (i.e. sitting or prone) before firing their rapid fire strings.
After the announcement “YOUR SIGHTER PERIOD HAS ENDED” or “FOR YOUR SECOND STRING OF RAPID FIRE” has been made, and before the targets appear, the rifle must be kept out of the shoulder, and the ammunition must remain on either the ground or shooting stool. When the targets appear shooters will retrieve their ammunition, load either 2 or 5 rounds and commence fire. (Note: the rifle need not be in the shoulder before the bolt is closed.) After firing 2 or 5 rounds, competitors will reload 8 or 5 rounds as appropriate. Reloading before firing the 2nd or 5th round (hot reload) will result in the shooter receiving a total score of “0” for that entire 10 round string of fire.
So for AR15 you would load your magazine 2 and 8. Those folks from Portland/Vancouver were just trying to bring nra high power rules. But if your club is running non sanctioned nra matches those guys shouldn’t really care how your club run your mstches. I have no doubt you would easily make expert/master in your first couple of years. If you found clubs running sanctioned across the course matches in your neck of the woods.

Our shoots are for fun, some of our guys shot NRA matches, but some of those guys have passed on, so we are pretty laid back. We shoot off the bench and then offhand. The fast fire matches are fired off the bench, which is very easy, as you know. The guys from Vancouver and Portland shoot NRA sanctioned matches. They try to bring some of their experiences to our matches. Some of these guys are snide, but I don't take chidt from anyone and when they propose something, I suggest something a bit more challenging. It kind of throws them off. Sometimes big time and they are not prepared for it. Like I said, they came to my clubs first AR match thinking they were going to make us look bad, but ended up they ate chidt. One of the reasons they haven't came back. They have came back to our clubs military rifle shoots, but they didn't like my swedish mauser either. I had 2 of the cork suckers watching my target with spotters last time. One of them really wanted my rifle after the shoot. Your NRA sanctioned matches sound like a lot of fun, as I've told you before, "shooting is shooting". None of it is that difficult. However, as it is now, I prefer the laid back matches my club has to offer. Knocking off 5 golf balls hanging from strings in less than 2 seconds is a hoot, our newest rimfire shoot (know your limits) has been a kick in the pants. The smallest target is 1/4" in diameter. I ran 14 matches a couple weekends ago undefeated.. a 1/4" diameter target is pretty small, even at 50 yards with a rimfire. A lot of our members are ex military. One we call "sarge" is an old marine gunnery sergeant who shot Quantico. One of my favorite rivals at my club is an ex airborne ranger. All of our club members are good shooters, but we shoot mostly for fun. I don't mind when big wig attorneys from Portland show up with their $5,000.00 worked over CMP m1's. It makes the wins that much more satisfying.. Guys that want to brag need to be able to back it up, or they just end up looking stupid..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA