Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
I think what will prove to be remarkable is that as time goes on, these mRNA innoculations (they have nothing to do with cows) will fade from our concern the same way the H1N1 vaccine has. Near as I can tell, the best case is Pfizer and Moderna's products give some protection (somewhere between ~30 and ~60% for Delta) and better protection than that from serious illness or hospitalization, and we can expect the antibody response from them will fade substantially by the end of the first year. It's less believable that the shots are any kind of evil scheme (slightly more plausible that the virus is). The critical thing is that we maintain liberty for people to make their own medical decisions and to engage is speech and expressive conduct without tyranny.

The evidence is growing that the shots aren't a universal panacea. They're not going to make the pandemic go away, much less our healthcare problems, our civil schism, our politcal polarization, our economic catastrophe that's heavily masked by monetary and fiscal policies that are actually exacerbating it, and on and on. I'm pursaded the Pfizer and Moderna products do help, but less than many would hope and some peoples' growing demand to force the innoculation of others is a more hopeless and dangerous course than forgoing the consumption of these products.

Well said. Pretty much how I see it.