Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
My friend has a Tremor 7.3 in stock at one of his dealerships and offered it to me for a few days to try with no strings attached. I told his manager at the dealership I thought I would prefer a 6.2L.

My heaviest load is the tractor, and I don't have a need to pull it much. Mostly, I end up pulling a side x side, utility trailer, etc. I'm hoping mileage on the 6.2 if I go that route will be similar to my Tundra, which is pretty consistent 15 mpg plus or minus one mpg empty and usually around 10 mpg with a trailer. I do some town but the majority of my driving is highway.

If that’s what you’re looking for performance and economy wise the 6.2 will serve you fine. Mine gets 15.5 on the interstate and about 13.5-14.0 mixed mpg unloaded. 8 to 10 pulling depending on speed and load.

Before buying mine I spoke at length with our head mechanic at work. We have a fleet of 3/4 and 1 ton Fords equipped with the 6.2s. He’s been in charge of the fleet for 23 years and has seen trucks from all the big three come and go. He said that bar none the 6.2/ 6 speed combo was the most reliable and trouble free he’d ever had. So far in around 80 trucks and millions of miles they’ve replaced one transmission, one T case, a few coils, and one truck that broke a valve spring. Of course being company vehicles they aren’t treated nicely with lots of towing and off-road flogging in right of ways.