I looked at dodge, chevy, and ford 250/350 equivalents when I bought mine last year. At first, I was deadest on getting an f250 diesel...but after driving and talking to people I got the 6.2/6 speed 3.73 4x4 with factory 18 inch 70 series tires and a toolbox 4 door. Right now it has a little over 10k miles on it.

After filling up at Buccees and driving home on back roads with a few stop signs at 65 mph (about a 40 mile drive) I get nearly 17 mpg (like 16.7). That's with me the Mrs and dogs. I am impressed with that. When driving back and forth to work I get a little over 14 mpg. If I put it in economy mode I get 15 mpg in work drives after the week is over. The economy mode doesn't really make a difference when driving back from Buccees.

I've towed an RV trailer on the interstate and my 10k flat trailer with light loads, but I forget the mpg for them...I'll right them down next too so you can get the real numbers. The gas will need high rpm's to get power but will give it to you when you mash the pedal.

The reason I got the 6.2 with six speed because the 10 speed options just seemed like they were hunting to shift all of the time...it may have been me, or they may need some time to learn your driving habits.

I hope this helps.