I have about four boxes of carefully hoarded Winchester .303 Savage ammo with the 190 grain round-nose Silvertips. They shoot well in my 99 Savage and have killed deer and three caribou for my brother and me. One of the 'bou was the biggest either of us ever shot. It was about 150 yards out and heading at a pretty good clip over the hilltop where it would soon be out of sight. It was just like when we were kids, I put my hand on top of a boulder for him to rest the rifle on (my brother lost the use of his left arm to polio when we were quite young), reached around under my head to plug my ear on the side toward the muzzle of the rifle and wondered what was taking him so long to shoot. The big bull was right at the peak of the hill when he fired. At the impact, the 'bou reared up on his hind legs and went over backwards, tumbling down the hill to our silent prayers that he wouldn't wreck that big, double-shove rack with big backstickers, the whole works. The rack survived intact and now rules over all the other antlered stuff hanging on the walls of the "club room" at the horse barn. Anyway, I like those 190 grain Silvertips in the .303 Savage.

Mathew 22: 37-39