My Silver Tip story is from long ago and 1 head of game, I got a 300 Weatherby back in 1969 and I bought a bunch of 180 gr Silver Tips because they were suppose to be pretty good, they were cheap compared to Noslers at the time, and I was broke because I bought the rifle. They shot ok as I recall, and the one head of game I shot with it, A moose in Newfoundland, in 1970 died, we found that the bullet sort of broke up on a rib. pieces of it put a hole in the heart, not a big hole but big enough. Ran a bit, and no blood trail. After that I shot nothing but 200 gr. Nosler Partitions. I learned something of value from that, while those silver tips were a bargin at the time, they almost prove to be to expensive. I would have been way better off with two boxes of Noslers at the time than those 500 sliver tips I bought for just about the same money. I was thinking about per shot costs rather than what a Moose Hunt cost back then. You live and you learn. They may have been fine out of a 308 or 30-06. Learned another thing to about High Velocity too.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov