Originally Posted by MedRiver
I got my eagle scout through an LDS scout troop. My oldest boy did the same. I have been a scout leader or parent volunteer many times over the years. BSA messed up when they gave into political pressure and now my youngest boy will not get those same experiences. I never saw a single thing at a boy scout event that was even close to being abuse. I saw a lot of worrying about avoiding bad situations, "two-deep leadership", etc. to make sure that bad things or false accusations did not occur.

I am sure there are plenty of isolated incidents of inappropriate behavior which is inevitable in any large organization. It certainly goes against everything the BSA and LDS Church teach and practice but predators are predators and learn how to accomplish their goals. Sponsoring an organization that ended up with a few bad apples and sponsoring specific acts are two totally different things.

Anybody looking for a settlement would definitely put a target on whoever has the largest check book. The LDS church's is certainly big enough to attract attention.

Sad state of affairs when an organization like the BSA that was built on solid values and worthwhile goals is brought to its knees by politics and lawyers.

As ive always said, lowyers sued the BSA to let Pedos in the kids and then sued the BSA because they let Pedos in the kids.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin