Originally Posted by Cheesy
Only complaint with my 2020 Tundra is the tiny bed, and not much of a complaint there. Have a real truck for doing real truck stuff that won't fit in the Tundra bed.

Not sure how I feel about the turbo'd V6's. Hard to beat the reliability that came with the 5.7. Too many whining about mileage all the time.

I agree with this. My 2020 Tundra TRD Pro (50,000 miles) and my wife's Sequoia (140,000) have been much more reliable for us than our GM and Ford vehicles. A few things I hate about the Tundra: 1.) it automatically locks the doors anytime I walk away from the truck. This gets annoying when working or unloading in hunting camp. I end up leaving the doors open to circumvent this, but then the cab fills with flies and mosquitoes; 2.) The stupid push-button start. Not sure what brilliant person dreamed this up, but it causes far more problems than it solves; 3.) no 3/4 ton; 4.) traction control system using brake pressure instead of a real limited slip or locking differential.

I'm trading my 2020 TRD for an F250 in few days. Kind of mixed emotions in that I think I'm going to miss the Tundra and really like the 5.7 despite the 16 MPG it usually gets. I would definitely stick with Toyota if they would offer the 2022 in a 3/4 ton.

Also, the worry about gearing is over-rated. Mine is a 4.30:1 but you need to factor in transmission gearing. Mine is under 2000 at 70 mph. With a higher-geared rear end, I would worry more about lugging at that speed given lower rpm.

Last edited by DesertMuleDeer; 10/01/21.