Originally Posted by JPro
Okay. Well it used to be that a Ram or Dakota would fall apart going down the road. Now it seems that they last longer and can compete better with Ford and GM. I have not a clue where they're made or who actually makes them, but they're apparently not the turd they once were, which is good for the consumer.

True, was just having a little fun there smile.

I currently have a 2014 2500 Ram with the 6.7L Cummins. 180k miles so far. Have replaced the water pump and upper radiator hose (preventive maintenance), a rear axle seal, and upgraded the transmission with a Garmon Performance Diesel towing unit. King Racing off road shocks. The transmission had not failed, but with the tune I knew it would be a matter of time. Other than that, it has been boringly reliable. Original ball joints, one set of brake pads, and tires, other than regular maintenance.

My previous truck, a 2003 with Cummins, I drove to almost 300k miles, with a similar track record. When I'm done with this one, I will be taking a look at the Tundra, only because Diesel emissions are becoming more of a PITA, and the EPA is getting tougher. I know I'll miss the torque when towing, though..

Last edited by badger; 10/05/21.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12