Like it or not the 22s are what they are, we will never see another V8 thanks to the EPA.
I would still bet even with it being the first model year it will be more reliable with less cost to own in the long run, not to mention it will almost certainly have a better resale 10 years from now than other offerings out there.

Time has proven that out. back in 07 when the 2nd gen came out I heard all the same BS about that truck, some just like to hate for the sake of it I guess? I will keep driving my 07 a few more years I suppose, right now it's still tight, has never had a front end alignment after close to 180,000, uses no oil with not a leak anywhere, no cracks in the dash or any other plastic interior parts. perfect? no but far better than many other brands my friends bought in the same time period, I feel I made the best choice out of everything that was offered in 07.

I'm sure the 3rd gen trucks will have a few glitches but outside of being not so handsome looking they will likely be a good truck.
I really wish Ford ,GM and Ram WOULD build a truck of comparable quality?