I take heart that Doug has spoken up for the "new" Leica creed in customer service and warranty, but Leica has dug such a deep hole within their company on this score that I am not surprised they are still struggling. Even with a full house effort a company doesn't turn things around on a dime, there is a culture within every company that takes a while to weed out, and I am not holding my breath. Wish the best for Leica and their excellent products, but a guy is still taking his chances with them........

One, high end rangefinder binos scare me for this very reason. Two, I bought a Leica rangefinder despite my reservations, but made sure I bought them from Doug who appears to have the chutzpah to bring Leica to heel. Three, the majority of Leica units with problems I'm aware in recent times have been the Geovids, and not just the electronics.

I have two good friends who bought Ultravids in the 90's, and when they eventually had problems, they stubbornly and doggedly persisted and eventually got their binos repaired, but it took almost a year and both binos had to make the voyage across the pond.

I'd continue to lean on Leica for a few more days or a week, maybe they will come through in the end.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.