Just my $.02

Leica customer service sucked before Jennine took over and totally turned their CS dept around and 3 years ago. She is amazing and has put together an excellent team.

For tech support (which is not customer service) Hamilton is off the charts great.

Will any company respond instantaneously to a customer service issue, probably not. Is 1 day a long time to wait for a reply? It is if you're expecting an instant reply.

Not making excuses for anyone or anything.....These are unusual times. More people out than ever before and more folks working remotely than ever before. Not Leica, but one other major company is only shipping on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the past year. It's an inconvenience but it is what it is. Less people hands on doing the work of more than 1 person.

Leica's new warranty is a huge uptick to what it was. Covers pretty much everything for longer periods of time. If you buy a new product that's an initial defect the authorized dealer should have no issue swapping it out for you. If it is not a new from dealer product than it's a customer service warranty issue, not a dealer services exchange issue. Someone buying any brand new from an authorized dealer can always go back to that authorized dealer (especially on an initial defect). Every product built can have issues, chit happens. We do our best to assist everyone who buys from us as well as any forum member who has a product from a brand we represent. New initial defect product from an authorized dealer that dealer works with dealer services, not customer service. This is not a warranty issue. If you have something that is not a new item from a dealer then it's a customer service warranty issue and is handled a different way.

I was told the difference years ago between a recession and a depression.... A recession is when your friend or neighbor losses his job, a depression is when I lose mine. There's a difference between dealer service issues and customer service issues and that difference is who at the brand handles it and how. As a dealer we will always step up for you but you need to reach out to us so we can assist you. I get it, when it happens to you it's infuriating and when it is happening to someone else it's not as horrible.

As I opened with, just my $.02

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]