Originally Posted by Greyghost
As I said you dumb [bleep] don't know what the hell you are talking about. The drayage regulations only involved trucks actually entering the ports themselves. But it also involved every aspect of the ports and all the personnel working in the ports. Nobody could enter the ports without their TWIC card period and that was a federal security investigation clearance of everyone including all truck drivers. Few that applied were actually cleared. And it was strict and easy to loose the privilege's.

OK, let's play again. The OP asked what Kali regulations affected the hold up at the Kali ports, specifically.

Note, there are no significant delays at other ports around the nation, other than slight delays due to steam ship lines adding stops at ports other than LA / LB. Freight is moving out of Portland, Tacoma, Seattle, Corpus, Houston, South Louisiana, Jacksonville, Savanna, Virginia, New York/ New Jersey, Charleston...... They are all moving containers as needed. Drayage prices are stupid high, but freight is moving.

Now, why is LA and even Oakland (where this whole mess really started) different? It's not TWIC. Number one, if your buddies can't get a TWIC card, you hang out with a bunch of losers. A TWIC card is stupid easy. Basically, if you are allowed to own a firearm, you get a TWIC card. Try hiring drivers that qualify for entry into Canada -- that'll narrow your pool down WAY more. It's not the national laws. If it were the national laws, all the ports would be plugged up, and they aren't. It's just California that's special.

The problem laws are, as pointed out, CARB / Clean Truck and AB5. They restricted the available trucks AND the number of available drivers. They put ideology before common sense, and in the process fuqed the nation into recession. The unions asked for it, and the unions got it. The unions OWN it -- but ironically it's not the guys on the gantry cranes. They don't have a place to put the stupid containers, because there's no trucks to haul the containers off.

Originally Posted by Greyghost
The OP was asking about California restrictions.

The ports newer requirements were put into place after 11 Sep, 2001, these are the requirements on the drivers themselves. But it also involved all the ships to, any ship in port had to completely shut down and go on dock power. They could no longer run their engines while docked.

But that also brings up the trucks no idle laws, and I don't remember when that was put into place right off, late 90's if I remember right.

As to your all's stupid remarks about those 3 law changes I mentioned. you all are some really dumb [bleep]! Most of you couldn't hold a CDL for 2 weeks, much less depend on one for your living....

Up until I retired I held every class license the state had including every hazmat and emergency response certification they offered so go [bleep] your selves.

Phil

Aren't you special! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Here's a hint. You were a union driver. You wouldn't last a month as an owner operator, let alone trying to run a trucking company. You'd blow your brains out the first time you'd have to make payroll.

Sic Semper Tyrannis