Originally Posted by Greyghost
Nobody said they couldn't, but how many are going to do that every week and make a life long career out of it... its a very, very small percentage. And yes running a team you can pile up mileage on trucks, and run them to death. Most won't last 10 years... and those that people want to keep repairing aren't going to get the good paying jobs. And as far as your union BS assumption again you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I won't go over the various speed limits, I know Oregon just raised theirs, Washington I'm not up to date on, and as I'm retired now couldn't care less!

Also Diesel on state averages is about $1.10 higher in California than other states not $2.00 in fact the difference between the lowest and the highest is about $1.17 a gallon higher, and while fuel tax is part of the difference. We know you all don't want to compare the miles of roadway in the various states.

Phil

70 in Idaho. 80 in Utah. 65 in Oregon, 60 in WA. Driver is making, with accessory pay, 75K per year, with benefits, home three days and nights a week, minimum. In rural Idaho.

You really think a high school dropout is going to quit that gig? Or, more accurately, do you think his wife is going to let him quit that gig?

Sic Semper Tyrannis