Originally Posted by Greyghost
When you take into account Service Hours, and the proportion of which is actual driving time. Traffic and other job related time not driving.... loading , off loading, finding a load. and the simple fact that most drivers don't make a career out of it. You'd start to under stand why mileage doesn't add up all that fast necessarily.

Then believe it or not most driving jobs are not just driving. In my case I would maybe work 14 to 16 hours or more, and might only drive 200 or 300 that day. But that would be taking machines apart, loading, delivering, off loading then placing and reassembling the machines. Then again some day's i might drive the limit. Hell some day's I could stay within a 100 mile radius an do 2,3, or 4 separate jobs and still drive some 600 miles, Other day's I might be operating equipment and not do any driving at all.

But did that pretty regularly for some 45 years.

Phil

That's amusing. I had one driver do 2850 miles this week. Started work on Wednesday at 5 AM, came home this morning at 7 AM. He could have made it this morning at 1, but he prefers to not drive at night (and I prefer that, too).

Last week was the same. Next week will be the same. Every mile legal, electronic log books. Two live loads, three drops (Portland, Ontario and Seattle) on the first load, five drops (Las Vegas) on the second.

That truck is three years and three months old and has 387,000 miles on it, all by the same driver. That driver is now at a million miles, within a few miles, anyway, and he's been driving for 7 years.

In other words, a non union driver does in about 1/3rd of the time what a union driver does. I certainly appreciate your testimony to illustrate that point.

Sic Semper Tyrannis