Originally Posted by jeffbird
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by 1234
nightforce
> even a seal sniper proved Nightforce is the toughest scope , this sniper kept using his Nightforce scope even with a bullet from a enemy sniper in his scope and the Nightforce scope still held zero .

It’s an impressive (if overused) story, no doubt, but there was a lot of luck involved. If the enemy bullet had hit the erector assembly, the story would’t have ended so climactically.

Many years ago now, a young soldier was about to deploy to Iraq out of Fort Hood. His issued Leupold Mark IV was not working correctly (typical) and there were no spare scopes to issue him days before deployment.

I lent him a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 off my backup rifle to take with him. He was worried about damaging it, but I told him use it and just bring it back.

While deployed, he was in a vehicle that was hit by an IED. The vehicle rolled over and he landed on his rifle so hard it bent where the barrel goes into into the receiver. He was treated and released to return duties a few days later. He had the armorer put the Nightforce on a replacement rifle and it worked fine for the rest of his deployment.

When he made it back, he returned the scope as promised, but asked if he could buy it. Of course I agreed. That convinced me of Nightforce’s durability.

Brands that have broken on me with just use hunting and target shooting are Leupold, Redfield, Zeiss, USO, Nikon, and maybe forgetting a few.

Never had a Nightforce break despite far more rounds fired than all the others added together.

Oh, there’s no doubt that they’re beyond tough, but taking a bullet is a bit beyond what they can handle, and definitely requires some luck.