I'm not sure why my first instinct when a heavy scope fails on a light fast kicking rifle is to try a lighter scope. Some of it has come from my experience with my first gen Ti in 30-06 and the many faux Ti's I put together in the early 2000's when I had a bunch of stocks and barrels.

I put together several faux Ti's in 30-06, 7-08, and 270 for friends and family before I got tired of trying to show people how to shoot light rifles well and dealing with bad scopes. The scopes that failed in a big way were easy. The ones that just walked a little or loosened up a little where a real pain because nobody wanted to believe their new whatever scope had an issue. I finally got a bunch of heavier Alaskan Ti fluted mag shorter barrels and Alaskan Ti stocks and switch friends out to those. They shot better with them, complained less about the kick, and toasted fewer scopes.

I've had most brands of scopes puke but I did have pretty good luck with leupold fixed 6x42s. At one time I had about 10 of them on hunting rifles. I also had good luck with 1st gen weaver grand slam 3-10x40 and their 4.75 fixed. Although after 10 years or so a few of those seemed like the retention springs went sift and they started acting a little off. Some of the old busnell 3200 and 4200s and weaver classic v9s held up on the Faux Ti's too.

It may sound like I'm hard on scopes but I used to shoot thousands of rounds a year working up loads for lots of different rifles and experimenting.

I had friend call the other day and say he was having a terrible time getting a good shooting load with his 270. I first asked if he'd tried a different scope. He had so I then said load this bullet over this powder to this length with some in each of these 3 powder weights. He called back the next day and said they all shot under 1 inch but one weight shot awesome. He then said how did you know that when you don't even like or own a 270. I just told him because over the years I've probably worked up loads for 20 different 270s. Eventually I noticed that combination seemed to do well in most of them.

Bb