Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Love the criticism of high fences.

But let some one pay to hunt inside hundreds of acres fenced.
In a situation where a fence never enters the equation, and the
hypocrites climb on their pulpit and display their piety.

Dillon,

you make a lot of good points. But in regards to the OPs story, it is not clear as to whether a fence enters the equation or not. It does mention 7000 acres or something, and if not cross fenced and cross fenced again, then it would likely be more of a fair chase hunt ............but just for farm raised, stocked animals.

However, it is mentioned in the story that the fella in question paid, in advance, for THAT particular buck. And the "ranch" guaranteed he'd get it. 100% success rate. Which would lead a person to believe they either have him in a smaller enclosure, where they know they can get to him when the hunter arrives, or they have a tracking collar on him so they can find him in that 7000 acres of theirs.

So I'm thinking a fence of some sort is involved and that hardly seems like "hunting", not even similar to your hog hunt. I'd guess those hogs on that property didn't have to walk under your stand, and you might not have gotten a shot?

And by the way, I hope you had a Happy Pennsylvania Thanksgiving.

Deer season starting tomorrow? Or Saturday nowadays?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?