Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Valsdad
BIG difference in that Argentina hunt and what the OP hunt appears to be.

I bet the outfitters down south didn't have you pick your fallow deer, pay for it, then guarantee you'd be able to take it................100% guarantee as I recall.

But, if a dude, or gal, wants to spend $20K for a set of antlers they like, maybe I don't care if they shoot it or by it from an antler merchant.

I do have this tendency to believe it shouldn't be called a "hunt" though. Leave that language out and I'm ok................mostly.

You'll get no argument from me on that Geno.....but that is why I specified: "The deer in the OP sounds to be a totally pathetic canned hunt deal. I won't say the ranch's business model is "wrong", as I just DGAF however not all high fenced hunts are that way".

I was responding to some posters who were indicating that they felt all high fenced hunts are easy and unethical.
I most certainly have never "picked" an animal out, paid for it then got a guarantee to kill it. It just isn't how I roll.

I do know of one BC outfitter who (back when they could hunt griz) had I believe 1 griz on their quota and had game cam pics on his phone of the bear that whoever his client was for that year was going to hunt. I guess there was no guarantee his client could kill that particular bear, but that was how he sold his bear hunts. I was talking to him at a trade show when I was trying to decide on where to go in Canada for a mountain caribou/griz combo hunt. It didn't interest me at all.

some of the high fence ranches down here are huge, I've been on 80000-acre high fence ranches doing oil field work.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter