Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I'd say .375 or bigger and 4000 ft-lbs and premium softs (A-Frame, TBBC family, Northfork). 0.300 sectional density. That's specifically for bear.

What data is your opinion based on?

You use whatever you like. I gave the correct advice. If you want to use a .222 with varmint bullets that's between you and whoever enforces the hunting laws.

But bear danger while hunting is very very real, and using too little gun is stupid.

What is “correct advice”? By definition, advice is subjective.

Danger while driving your car is very real, too. Not wearing a racing helmet, fire suit, and five-point harness when you drive two blocks to the grocery store is stupid.

On the other hand, maybe mitigating risks involves trade-offs and compromises that people can reasonably make in various ways. Lots of people shoot better with a sub-.375 caliber rifle, so hunting elk with a large gun that they don’t shoot well, just in case of the very rare event of having to stop a charging grizzly, makes little sense.

I strongly encourage anyone so sensitive that they need the ignore feature to protect their feelings to use it. it will wrap your feelings in a warm protective cocoon that no factsBS will penetrate

Fixed.

You’ve presented no facts about firearms for hunting in grizzly country, but have spewed a lot of baseless opinion.