Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I doubt it--partly because I doubt you'll see much more of LB....

Well, we can hope. Reading this thread, I kept thinking "Goodness, what does it TAKE to get banned on this site?"
We shouldn't need rules keeping us civil - that ought to be normal human behavior - but we have it codified as rule #1 on this forum:

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire.

That said, how can Big Stick still have an account here? I put that guy on ignore long ago but still sometimes get forced to see his drivel when he gets quoted by others, and he almost always belittles and calls others really bad names in every post. I guess rule #1 doesn't mean much if you're him.

Back to the subject though...
I've never killed an elk with a 30-06 but I believe it's a fine round to do so. I have only killed three elk with a rifle - two bulls with the .35 Whelen AI and one cow with the .358 Win. All worked great. But I did kill a large NM bull bison with a 180 Partition in the 30-06, and it worked great, just like I reckon it would have on each of those elk.

Just my two cents.
Rex

I've seen several references to putting people on "ignore." So how/where on the forum is this found and used?