Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Agreed big buddy B, it's more the idea than the money, cut hay with a crook on halves one year, i spent money bush hogging that field the next year not to do business with him, i'll spend extra to avoid thieves on principal, idgas about money, hate greedy someb's, just checked, my 8 twist will spin the 180 hornady as well as the 168 LRX, that Barnes at 3200 fps should be a hell of a bull saw!

Yes sir. Same here Gunner.

I have a bunch of those 168 LRX's myself. Not sure why but I haven't tried them myself. I'd bet a buck you'd get them up over 3100 quite easily and I am sure they'd carry some serious attitude at distance.

You bet, and drill a hole in a bull from the last rib forward out the shoulder, i may have to try to find some, i can load the 3.6" in the old H&H mag box.

You guys need not worry about drilling holes through shoulders with the Barnes TTSX or LRX. I used my little 7mm08 a few months ago on a bull. Drilled holes right on through both shoulders with the 140gr TTSX. I pm'd Scotty about that hunt and bullet. Those Barnes only cost me $25/box:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Found those last summer, so you can still find great prices on good bullets. I also decided to run the 175gr LRX in my 300wby:

For chidts and giggles, I was messing around with the 165 TSX that I found for cheap last year. I'd probably run a 130 or 150gr in a 308win, but the 165's are pretty accurate and work very well in my 06's and 300wm:

And my light 300WSM, well you get the idea:

I've always loved the partitions. They do an excellent job on critters and they shoot very well in my rifles. But until they get their chidt together, I'll be using different bullets.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA