Well there are a lot worse places ( government wise) than Oregon.....

Home for me was predominantly metro Washington DC....my high school parking lot was 20 miles or less from the Pentagon Parking Lot...
Ft Belvoir and Quantico were just down I 95... Went to college in Boston.... Lived 15 years in Minnesota, Twin City Metro Area, Spent time in the Puget Sound area,
First at Ft Lewis ( Madigan), and then a couple years working at the University of Wash Hospital..

NEVER going back to any of those places.. Here's slowly going down hill but to nowhere near the level of any of those other places above that I have spent time...

Alaska is too far from anything for my tastes and my Minnesota wife has NO Desire to ever go back to anywhere with what she considers cold weather...

For each of us, guess its a perspective....no where is what it use to be.. anywhere in the country....

Cheers and Best Regards anyway.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez