Originally Posted by gunner500
3.610" will dang sure work big buddy B, more room to run the slow burners for velocity is where it's at.

LOL, you got a nice set of drill bits there BSA, i'll be looking for as much b.c. as i can stabilize in the 7 Masher, 168 LRX or some sort of Hammer bullet, i know those would work on even very heqvy game up close should that happen, dont know same about a 180 Horn eld on a moose shoulder at 50 yards, my 7 Masher would boot the 180 horn out at 3000 fps.

Slightly off topic, but does apply to affording nosler bullets if one were inclined to do so, i sold my old M1 Garand and 550 rounds of 168gr Sierras to a kid in town, yesterday went to OKC to see an old Bud and bought a new Springfield M!A 'Loaded" with beautiful walnut, National Match 6 groove barrel, NM trigger and sights,, ordered 300 168gr Amax and a Maglula loader for the M1A at MidwayUSA, bought 3lbs 4064 from a Bud, have 231 new sticks WW 308 brass in the shop, laid three boxes of CCI-200's on the dies waiting on bullet order, had enough left to bank 700 cash! cool...............................Amax's were 41 bucks a hundred, loaded them in cart, dropped to 35 bucks a box, spose there are ways around corporate greed ; ]

We have lots of options for a 1-8 Mashburn. I kinda think that 168 LRX will be a ripper too. Might need to just give it a whirl with my 175 load I am currently using. Might be an easy back up load.

Semper Fi