All good advice - good broken in boots, conditioning, practice shooting field positions long distance (we practice to 800 yards off packs & sticks makes 350 seem easy), OnX on all their phones and carry an extra battery charger in the pack, watch YouTube gutless method for elk several times, watch Randy Newberg not guys shooting 1000 yard shots to sell guns.

Had a new guy this year take some unnecessary climbing risks waiting until after dark to go down a strange steep slope on a scout - I got his next of kin information & made sure he knew a serious injury screwed up everyone’s hunt don’t be a selfish jerk.

Meat care is a big deal - get the hide off quickly & have bags to hang quarters in trees overnight a little away from the carcass, big coolers & ice to allow storage in camp to maximize hunting time.

Camp chores need to be shared assigned so the old guy cooking isn’t doing too much cleaning & wood chopping. Let them know past 60 you need to pace yourself they need to do the more physical stuff - good kids will already have that figured out but they may think you are invincible like they feel.

Make up lunches the night before A big ham for dinner early makes lots of lunch meat. Nutrient & calorie dense snacks jerky, nuts, cheese, trail mix hard to eat as much as you burn.

Repeat explanations of layering starting out too light and chilly is better than too warm & sweaty. Getting some good radios on the same channel & checking in every 2-4 hours is a good idea. Show them how to use a hiking stick bring or make them there one of my grandfathers best tips I’ll never forget.