Yup, even a cheap poly tarp can save a lot of grief. We did not have that figured out yet when we nearly had a catastrophe. It was October, and having in the past hunted in dry late season snow that would just shake off, I didn't think a tarp was necessary, until one day...The snow was piling up on my shoulders as I walked along searching for elk. I started to get an uneasy feeling about camp, so I circled back in around noon. Good thing I did or we would have been homeless in a blizzard. The dome tent we had for extra sleeping was flat on the ground, and when I stepped into the wall tent it was like walking under a pregnant whale. The roof was bowed heavily under nearly 18 inches of heavy damp snow. Luckily the Eeena tent is well made and the seams didn't fail. After a bunch of pounding and scraping, and some heat to dry and shrink the canvas back, the tent got its shape back. Since then we have had a plastic tarp over the roof. In a more recent blizzard when we actually got snowbound, though, we had to shovel all the snow that had been knocked off the roof out away from the walls of the tent. It piled up so heavily against the walls it was pulling the tent down on itself. That was a trip.

I see you have a white tent, which is a lot better for light inside than the green canvas tents are. You get much better lighting from the reflection off white walls. To help that out, a clear poly tarp is good. But the poly gets torn up after a few years, so I recently got a white plastic tarp that I cut down to fit our tent. That sheds the snow and rain, and also lets light in.

There is always something that comes up in an camp. It helps to have a few tools, especially saws, a hand pushdrill, Duct tape, wire, paracord, a few pieces of 1x or 2x wood, and other raw materials for fixes. An abundance of fuel is also good; stove, lantern, and vehicle.