Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’m not all that surprised.

We live in a low wage service jobs society. Nearly all of my day to day purchases and transactions from buying groceries, to fast food, family type restaurants, gun stores, hardware stores, clothes, fuel, appliances and household items ect, ect. Hardly any of the employees own the business or sell products manufactured here. It’s nearly all at or just above minimum wage workers employed by a big box or chain store selling products manufactured in China. It’s probably that way for almost all of us.

Unless I’m going to see my doctor or a lawyer odds are pretty good that the person I’m buying a product or service from probably makes very little money with a few rich folks at the top of corporate ownership.

I disagree.
I know virtually all of my nieces and nephews (about 25 people) are in their mid 30s to mid 50s. None of them come from money, at all. Eighty percent of them have nice homes, decent cars, very good careers. A couple have likely moved in to seven figures net worth, and all of the rest of the 80% are doing quite well and $1000 in unplanned expense would be a non issue. The other 20%, all from one “non father” and wife are just getting by, because they were not raised right. Also I know a lot of other non relatives that are not top echelon in their job/career, that are doing pretty well.
You don’t have to be a doctor, lawyer or corporate exec to do well in the USA, but being stupid financially makes for a rough life.

NRA Patron