A sociologist could dig into the facts of folks stuck in this situation, and I suspect, come up with some conclusions that would surprise none of us. As far as who these folks are, how they think, how they vote, their spending priorities, to some degree their age, what they like for entertainment....on and on. I have a renter, a damn good finish carpenter, 48 yr old, with earning potential, but he just can't put the puzzle together....he told me over a year ago, I'm going to have to do something about my Ford diesel, it's dying. Sure enough it did last month and he had to borrow money from his Mom to get another pickup to go to work. I couldn't sleep a wink if I was that close to disaster. On the other hand, I know some working moms that have to live like that, schidt job, kids, that don't squander money, that live hand to mouth. They just pray the old car don't go tits up. I got sympathy for the ones that are still trying and don't begrudge their kids the free lunch at school.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.